Policies & Candle Care
We offer free shipping on any purchase over $75. Your shipment is carbon neutral by partnering with Planet by Shopify.
At this time we only ship within the United States. Please allow 3-5 business days* for processing before shipment. You will receive an email notification once your package has shipped. We ship via USPS and UPS. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed due to COVID-19 and increasing delays from postal carriers at this time. During summer months we may change shipping days to decrease chances of candles melting during transit. Please check our Instagram for the latest shipping updates (@boroughhome).
Once shipped you will receive tracking information emailed to you. Please reach out to the carrier if you encounter any problems with shipment. We take great care in ensuring your candles are safe in transit by using biodegradable and/or reused packing materials. We are not responsible for any damage or missing purchases once it has been shipped. We do want you to have a great experience with us so please email or DM us if you encounter any issues!
*Note: Business days do not include weekends or holidays.
Our candles are made with 100% soy wax without the use of additives or dyes. Uneven surface texture of wax is natural and completely normal.
- Your candle wick has been trimmed so you can enjoy them immediately, but please trim your wick to 1/4" before each burn as soot and excess wick can affect the burn of your candle.
- Candles should burn cleanly to the edge of the container before extinguishing to prevent tunneling (this may be up to 2 hours). If flame is too high, extinguish and trim wick once cool.
- Do not handle burning candles as glass container may get hot.
- Keep lit candles away from drafts and flammable objects like curtains and clothing. Children and pets should be kept away from reach of candles.
- Candles should not burn longer than 4 hours.
- You wouldn't light a fire in the wind, don't try to light a candle in a drafty area.
- Candle tins get very hot while burning, please place on heatproof surface and do not handle until wax has solidified.
- Do not leave candles unattended. Treat candles like small (but beautiful) fires and be a responsible candle owner. We are not responsible for any misuse or neglect of proper candle care.
Ways to Reuse Candle Containers
Once you have 1/2" wax left, discontinue use. You can easily remove leftover wax by putting your candle in the freezer. Once wax is hardened remove with butter knife. Wax sticker is easily removed with knife or your fingers. Remove all labels and discard. Glass is recyclable.
Here are some ways to reuse your glass containers:
- Hold makeup brushes
- Hold cotton rounds
- Pen/pencil cup
- Flower vase
We cannot offer refunds at this time. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your purchase, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a one-woman business and want you to be delighted by your purchase with us!